Oars 6 – the halfway point

It’s a beautiful sunny Sunday. I did all the final shaping of the first oar today. First I cut down the final two sides from 2″ tapering down to 1.25″ on the table saw. Then I took it out to the driveway and worked it down with the block plane and the orbital sander to hit the final shape. I’m very pleased with the way it turned out. It’s definitely better than I expected. Then I cut out the blanks for oar #2 so we’re ready to glue it up in the evenings this week.

wpid-20140112_114925.jpg wpid-20140112_115154.jpg

 

Total time: 8 hours
Total cost: $276

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s