I’ve spent a bit of time here and there working on the mast shaping this week, and then today I spent about two hours doing the final planing and sanding of the mast. I used the block plane on the mast to get it closer to a round shape than I did with the yard and boom. This kept the sanding down to a minimum. The mast is quite pretty. It’s closer to a round shape than the other spars. That SYP is going to look nice with a bunch of coats of spar varnish on it.
Molly drew a nice pirate boat today too.
The weather is going to be in the mid 60s both Sat & Sun, so this weekend we’re going to build a boat! I’m really hoping we can have it fully put together this weekend so we can register it and get a hull number.
Total time: 27 hours
Total cost: $631