Well, primer really, no paint quite yet. Spent about 4 hours today putting two coats of primer on the boat. The girls helped quite a lot on the first coat. I dressed them in my old T-shirts for painting and they stayed remarkably paint free. I was quite surprised. I did the second coat this afternoon while they are off at a birthday party. We painted the whole interior and the exterior sides. We got two coats of primer on the fore and aft decks and a second coat of pimer on the oar blades. I still need to go find paint pens so the girls can decorate the oars. I bought an extra gallon of Kilz since the first one we already had ran out and a quart of spar varnish.
I still need to build the hatch covers, the dragon and then the sail. The rudder pieces need a second coat of primer as well. I’ll be getting my next shipment of lead from Shawn this week. I’ll finish pouring the lead in the leeboard and give that a layer of fiberglass. We should have no trouble making a May launch.
Total time: 65 hours
Total boat cost: $534
Total tools cost: $200