Green!

Lots of scattered work this weekend on various boat tasks. The first big thing was getting the girls to help me paint the boat. They had lots of fun with it and amazingly enough there was very little paint outside of the boat.

Painting Helpers

Painting Helpers

Painting Helpers

Painting Helpers

After the girls finished with the boat I put a coat on the rudder pieces and the tiller.

Rudder parts

Rudder parts

Today the air boxes got a coat of bright white to make it easier to find stuff in there.

Decks

Decks

The decks got a coat of the bright white on the underside and a coat of primer on the top sides. They are ready to be screwed down to the boat. The oars got a coat of the same bright white and the leeboard got a coat of primer as well.

Oars and leeboard

Oars and leeboard

To finish off the day the spars all got their holes drilled. They still need to be varnished.

spars drilled

spars drilled

When the weather cooperates I’ve been rolling the Day Sailer out into the driveway on Saturday mornings to work on the PDR in the car port. Then Sunday evening I pack it all up and roll the boat back in. It’s always a bit sad to pack it all up again. It also makes it all take a bit longer when I’m taking pieces in and out of the house, etc. I’ve moved a bunch of items back down into the guest room for painting in the evenings this week because the pollen is so bad it’s almost impossible to paint outside. I might have to stay home sick from work one day in order to get this sail knocked out.

Total time: 72 hours
Total boat cost: $534
Total tools cost: $200

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s