We finished up a bunch of work on the boat yesterday getting ready for the launch today. The weather has gone from “Clear” to chance of thunderstorms, but the winds are still projected to be good.
The first project of the day was installing this cleat and rope to hold up the leeboard.
Next I added the shock cord closures for the hatches.
And finally I mounted the dragon
I also put a coat of varnish on Molly’s oar.
Then I bought a 12′ 2×4 which I cut into two supports for the trailer to hold the boat. Tanya and I were talking about pulling the carpet off the stairs. Maybe I’ll do that this morning and use the carpet scraps as padding on the bars.
Total time: 89 hours
Total boat cost: $534
Total tools cost: $200