Bulkheads & Transoms

Today I spent some time cleaning up my tools. I’ve been neglecting many of them over the years as they’ve lived outside in damp conditions. My handsaws were rusting and some of my wrenches too. I sanded down the rust and gave everything a good coat of oil. Hopefully they’ll do a little better now. After lunch I got all the 3/4″ square blocking glued and nailed to the bulkheads and transoms. I used the Titebond 3 glue and silicon bronze ring nails to tack them in place.

nailers attached

nailers attached

After finishing those and raking more leaves, I started sanding down the Klepper paddle that I epoxied last time. I’ve got the blade and half the shaft sanded down.

Hours: 2/15

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s