I got a new wet stone in the mail which allowed me to flatten my old wet stone. This then allowed me to sharpen my block plane. Once I had a nice sharp block plane I needed a project to use it on. I decided to scarf together some pine to use as the gunwales for the boats. I probably spent about an hour on it yesterday planing the scarf and another 30 minutes or less on it today running the boards through the tablesaw to get the 1x3s down to 7/8″s. A good scarf joint should be somewhere between a 1:8 and 1:12 ratio. I went for the 1:8 end of the scale and cut a 6″ long scarf. Tomorrow is last day of winter vacation and it’s supposed to hit 70F so I’m really hoping to get a bunch of epoxy work done. I’ll join all these scarf joints and then hope to run fillets throughout the first boat.