Rear deck

As Hurricane Joaquin heads out to sea, it’s still sending us plenty of rain. Today I finished the fillets on the interior of the boat and laid in a layer of 3″ 6 oz fiberglass tape. I then put a coat of epoxy on the rest of the interior. I decided that since the exterior was fully glassed I didn’t need to tape the top seems. I just taped the bottom seems and the bow.


Then I put the rear deck board on, traced it out and cut it out with the jigsaw leaving a good amount of overhang. I screwed it down into place.


Then I bought myself a flush cut router bit and zipped my way around the deck giving it a perfect fit in just a few minutes. Wow, was that much easier than the last time.


I also bought primer and paint. Looking forward to some dry sunny days to do some painting.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s