Rear Deck Hatch

Between hurricanes and fighting strep throat it’s been a slow build, but I’ve been working on the rear deck hatch over the past few weeks. Instead of doing the raised hatch that I built for Toto #1 I decided to do a flush mount deck. This morning I got another couple of pieces glued in before work. Hoping to get to painting one of these days soon.

wpid-20151028_080423.jpg

This is the “inside” of the hatch. The deck will get flipped over for the install and the hatch cover plus weather stripping should make for a flush deck. Time for a sanding and then an epoxy coating for the deck. Still debating about putting down an epoxy/graphite finish on the bottom.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s